What’s the best way to store my rugs until I’m ready to use them again?
Before placing any rug into storage, be sure to have it professionally cleaned, dried, treated with a moth repellant, and wrapped. In doing these things, you ensure that your rug will stay in storage pest free, dirt free, and mildew free.
Some rules to follow when storing your rugs long term:
- Keep your rugs rolled, not folded, to minimize creases and stress points in the foundation.
- Do not place heavy items on top of your rolled rugs to minimize creases and stress points in the foundation.
- Wrap in brown Kraft paper or, preferably, TyVec paper to keep the bundle breathing.
- Do not place your rug directly on the floor or against a wall to avoid any condensation build-up.
- Store in a cool, dry place. Like a potato.
- Open and inspect the bundle annually.